Re: [Shop-talk] Yukon Denali fuel totalizer

To: "Mike Frerichs" <shoptalk2@centipi.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Yukon Denali fuel totalizer
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 13:36:37 -0600
I found out that I have a severe case of obsession.  The GM service records
(obtained from a local GM dealer's computer here) track the mileage at
services through the three years, and it progresses perfectly.

The fuel usage discrepancy may be due to the fact that some dash instrument
module (dunno know more than that - I'd have to check the part numbers on
the service record) was exchanged last September.  They send them in to a
central GM service center for "rebuild", and it could well be that on the
one installed the fuel usage wasn't zeroed out since testing, or the last
owner of the module, etc.

Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions.  Now I can just appreciate how
nice it is to have a (relatively) new truck !!

Karl