Re: [Shop-talk] Craftsman impact set and Suburban issues

To: Karl Vacek <KVacek@Ameritech.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Craftsman impact set and Suburban issues
From: pethier@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 19:43:02 +0000
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
> Front bumper (maybe rear too?) brackets on a '93 Suburban.
>
> Thanks to anti-lock brakes, my wife has given me 3 opportunities to change
> front bumpers on the poor old GMC.  Before the Suburban and its lovely
> anti-stop brakes, Jill had only one other accident in her life, when she was
> 16.

20mm, eh?

It so happens that I have a 1993 Chev Suburban (4x4) with ABS.  Never had a
problem stopping it on dry pavement or slippery.  What's the problem?

Never had the reason to remove the bumpers on this one.  My previous 1986
Suburban had some wiring issues that required me to remove the rear bumper.
Because of the trailer hitch, I needed to remove the license plate and cut out
a section behind it to reach everything.  I don't recall having any trouble
finding a socket in my tool box, but I don't recall what size I needed.  I do
recall that running an impact wrench caused me to be covered by a rainfall of
The Oxides Formerly Known As Chevrolet.  Safety glasses are a must.

--
Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul Minnesota  USA
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban,