Re: [Shop-talk] Oil drain pan

To: "Bill Gilroy" <wmgilroy@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Oil drain pan
From: Mike Lee <mikel@ichips.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 13:28:55 -0700
I have one by Wedco (Wedgeco?  Something like that; it's molded into the pan).
It's nice in that it holds over 13 qts (don't know exact amount, but more than
a 911 contains (13 qt) anyway), has a very wide opening so it can catch oil
from the drain plug and filter simultaneously on my Jeep, and has a molded
indent near the handle which is convenient for holding the drain plug (I'm
sure that's not the intended purpose though).  It's very shallow (fits under
the 911) and has a drain spout that fits perfectly into gallon milk jugs for
recycling.  It does drip from the spout, but I usually let it drain into a
milk jug overnight, and thus no dripping by then.
I like it enough that I'm about to order another one (the bottom is getting
thin from sliding it around on the ground so much over the years.