Re: [Shop-talk] Eastwood vs Harbor Freight

To: Nolan <foxtrapper@aceweb.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Eastwood vs Harbor Freight
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 10:43:36 -0400
Hey Nolan,  might want to check the clock/calendar on your PC.  Looks
like they might be off a couple days.

Nolan wrote:
> Not saying everything Eastwood or Snap On sells is rebadged cheap junk.  Not
> by a long shot. Much of what they carry is very good and often times unique.
> But by no means is all of it that way.

I agree, a lot of the stuff truly is identical.  However, you have to
remember how Chinese product cloning works:  they apparently get
requests to "build a copy of this" and are given some existing product,
which they half-ass reverse engineer and churn out a superficially
similar looking product, that is not identical and usually lower quality.

Guess I'm saying, you need to go beyond exterior appearance to determine
if things are really identical.

   -Wayne