Re: [Shop-talk] Eastwood vs Harbor Freight

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Eastwood vs Harbor Freight
From: Michael Lye <mlye@risd.edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 11:20:36 -0400
Note that it's not just with knock-offs that this happens. Home
despot will often ask/force their vendors to take an existing product
and make it cheaper to meet a price point without changing the
external appearance. Makes it seem like you're getting the same
product cheaper at HD but in fact it may not be the same product
inside. The manufacturer that I've spoken to isn't happy about it but
doesn't have much choice in the matter or the don't get on the
shelves at the HD.

Michael