Re: [Shop-talk] powder coat systems

To: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>, "'Shop-Talk List'"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] powder coat systems
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 11:51:18 -0700
   I have the Eastwood gun and its worked great for years now, the HF
one does just as nice work as the EW one but the HF one seems to not
work for long.

  I have now gone with the Eastwood pro gun and its night-and-day
difference with the hobby version.

  At 11:42 AM 9/11/2007, Wayne wrote:
>eric@megageek.com wrote:
> > I remember recently there was a discussion on powdercoat systems and I
> > wondering if we could get an "update."
> > Any advice on the Horrible freight one?  I'm guess that it's more the paint
> > quality and not the gun.  Am I right?
>
>I bought the H.F. one several years ago.  It worked really well,
>*while* it worked.  Last time I got it out, the high voltage section
>seemed to be dead.  Luckily, it's not too expensive to replace.  It
>would actually be nice to have multiple guns that I could hook to
>the power supply, but HF's is hard wired in, so it would require some hacking.
>
>I highly recommend this place for PC stuff:
>http://www.columbiacoatings.com/
>
>They sell the HF gun, alone and in a kit.  All their powders are
>available in small quantities, and they're very hobbyist friendly.
>
>   -Wayne

Mike Rambour
Bug Writer err...Programmer
       mikey@b2systems.com