Re: [Shop-talk] powder coat systems

To: "'Shop-Talk List'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] powder coat systems
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 14:42:50 -0400
eric@megageek.com wrote:
> I remember recently there was a discussion on powdercoat systems and I
> wondering if we could get an "update."
> Any advice on the Horrible freight one?  I'm guess that it's more the paint
> quality and not the gun.  Am I right?

I bought the H.F. one several years ago.  It worked really well, *while* it
worked.  Last time I got it out, the high voltage section seemed to be dead.
Luckily, it's not too expensive to replace.  It would actually be nice to have
multiple guns that I could hook to the power supply, but HF's is hard wired in,
so it would require some hacking.

I highly recommend this place for PC stuff:
http://www.columbiacoatings.com/

They sell the HF gun, alone and in a kit.  All their powders are available in
small quantities, and they're very hobbyist friendly.

  -Wayne