Re: Strain Gauge Based Torque Wrench

To: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Subject: Re: Strain Gauge Based Torque Wrench
From: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 12:41:15 -0400
On 5/30/07, Arvid Jedlicka <arvidj@visi.com> wrote:

> Sorry if this is a repeat. I sent it yesterday but am not sure if it made it
> to the list.
>
> > List,
> >
> > Take a look at Craftsman's latest nifty tool, go to www.sears.com and
> > input part number 47712.

> > like a great deal.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Kai
>
> I have the Snap-On version of these in 1/2 and 3/8.
>
> My thoughts:
>
> They come with documentation tracing their accuracy back to some pretty
> impressive standards.
>
> But I assume the initial accuracy really doesn't mean anything if you don't
> have them recalibrated periodically

Recertified, not necessarily recalibrated.  I think it's done annually
for aviation use.  My main torque wrench is a Snap-On clicker that's
older than I am.  I got it from a pawn shop, and had it recertified
before I used it.  It required no repair or adjustment.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com