Re: Strain Gauge Based Torque Wrench

To: "Mullen, Tim" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>, "Kai M. Radicke"
Subject: Re: Strain Gauge Based Torque Wrench
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 08:26:28 -0500
> But, from the description, you have to observe the digital display
> to determine the torque that you are applying - similar to a beam
> type of torque wrench but with a digital display.  That might be
> great when you can actually watch the display, but I often use
> torque wrenches in odd positions where I can't see the scale.

Mine are the Snap-On versions and they vibrate and beep
when they reach the value that I have set on the LCD. So they
are like the beam that tells you how much torque you are applying
[assuming you can see the display] and like the clicker that  tells
you when you've reached the limit without having to look at anything.

> That's why I like my various "clickers".  They are just as
> accurate, and can be used in any orientation, even in positions
> that I could not even see a scale.

Agreed. If I already had a set of clickers I liked and trusted I
would not have bought the digital.

Arvid