Re: Making solid core tires

To: eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: Making solid core tires
From: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 14:45:24 -0400
On 5/7/07, eric@megageek.com <eric@megageek.com> wrote:

> Randall, this is what I was looking for, but I wanted something I can do
> myself. This product needs to be professionally done and is expensive.
>
> What did you search on that you found results? I can't figure out what is
> a good search term to use.

The material used to fill the tires isn't cheap, nor is the equipment
used to pump it into the tire.  I don't know what you get punctures
from, but you can get armored inserts that fit between the tire and
tube, which work well if you've got not terribly long thorns or the
like.  I've had good luck with tire sealers, as well.
--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com