RE: Making solid core tires

To: "'Shop Talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Making solid core tires
From: "Mike Frerichs" <frerichs@tconl.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 12:39:25 -0500
If you're talking about the expanding foam stuff that is intended for use
around the house filling holes, gaps, etc., I suspect that it won't work for
your purposes.  It gets hard and quite crumbly after it cures.  You can
crumble the stuff with your fingers.  Thus I suspect that 10 minutes of
running your wheels with any kind of load on them would leave you with tires
full of powder..........well, not exactly "full" as the powder would take up
less space than the insulation did and so the tires would be effectively
flat.

This is just my guess about what would happen.

Mike Frerichs