Making solid core tires

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Making solid core tires
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 13:20:59 -0400
OK, I have a few small rubber tires that I wanted to make into "solid core"
tires.  They are for implements like a York Rake and mower deck.  I have NO
idea why they were designed as pneumatic tires to begin with.

Anyway, when I asked at the tractor supply place, I got quoted a WAY higher
price then the tires are worth.

I was wondering, has anyone ever tried to just fill the tires with the foam
insulation?  If so, did it work well?

I was think of getting the low expansion stuff (it would be easier to fill
the tire completely) an just filling the tire up and letting it harden.

Any ideas?

Moose

"We all know we're dying, And there's no sign of a parachute."
     Tori Amos