"lift-proofing" garage floor/electric

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: "lift-proofing" garage floor/electric
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:55:19 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

Does anyone know what the common required specs are for a concrete floor &
electrical service for typical two post lifts (up to the 10k or 12k lb
range)?

Are most powered by 220vac?

I'm rebuilding our attached garage into a workshop.  I don't have plans to
get a lift immediately, but would like that option in the future.  If
there's anything I should do now (I'm repouring the floor and redoing the
electrical, among other stuff) to make adding a two post lift easier in
the future, I'd like to do it!

I'm leaning towards putting a 220vac outlet in the ceiling, along with
overbuilding the concrete floor.  The problem is that I'm not sure what
"overbuilding" means for the floor...

Thanks!

Mark