Re: Weed killer or burn off the weeds?

To: Wayne Farrington <w.farrington@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Weed killer or burn off the weeds?
From: Drew Rogge <drew@pixar.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 10:14:53 -0700
When we had our yard landscaped we tried a weed burner for awhile
but gave up. The problem is that the burner doesn't get the roots
and the plant just grows back.

But I wanted to pass along the theory of how a weed burner is supposed
to work. You don't have to burn the plants leaves to a crisp. All
you're supposed to have to do is to heat up the leaves past the boiling
point of water and the water in the plant's cells turns to steam and
destroys the cell. That's the theory anyway. The sourgrass we were
trying to kill just started putting out tons of little tiny leaves
in response. The roots weren't affected at all.

Good luck,
Drew

[snip]

--