OT: Digging dog

Subject: OT: Digging dog
From: "Bill Gilroy" <wmgilroy@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 18:31:41 -0700
My new dog is a frequent flyer.  She discovered that she can dig under the
fence and go visit people and dogs in the neighborhood.  Not a good thing.
She is a Border Terrier so she is small, about 10" at the shoulders and 13
pounds.  She does not require much of a hole. And she can dig one to get out
in less then 5 minutes.  So does anyone have any ideas on how to stop a dog
from digging under a fence.  Shooting or giving away the dog is not an
option :-)  I could dig a small trench under the fence and put large fencing
stones about 12"x6"x4.  That is a lot of work, I have about 300 feet of
fence.  I can't drive anything into the soil, too many rocks.  I live in the
mountains in the Seattle area.  Any helpful suggestion?

Thanks,

Bill and his magic dog