RE: OT: Digging dog

To: "David C." <cavanadd@verizon.net>,
Subject: RE: OT: Digging dog
From: "Mullen, Tim (IT Solutions)" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 11:11:19 -0400
Along the line of an electrified fence is the "invisible fence".

My son brought home his large dog for a visit, and it quickly discovered
that it could almost walk over the fence.  I ran out to Wal-Mart and
bought an invisible fence kit.  You string a wire around the yard (you
are supposed to bury it, but I just ran it temporary around the fence
posts), and connect the wire to the transmitter.  The dog then wears a
collar.  If he gets too close to the fence, he gets an annoying beeping
sound - gets closer, and he gets a shock.  The dog very quickly learned
not to go within about 6 feet of the fence.  You can adjust the strength
of the signal too...

The whole thing cost around $90 when I bought it and the extra wire to
extend all around the yard.

Tim Mullen