Re: Lubricant for cold environment.

To: bn1@pacbell.net, Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lubricant for cold environment.
From: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 22:16:13 -0400
Just an FYI - I had an old freezer, close to 40 years old. I had a fire
on Christmas day - the old brittle wiring had broken down and started a
fire INSIDE the stupid thing...

Ruined all my food and stunk up the place, but fortunately I was home at
the time and damage to my home was avoided... After that I also
discarded my very old dehumidifier and got a new unit. The moral of the
story is, well, you get the idea...

Marc

bn1@pacbell.net wrote:
> I'm trying to keep a 34 YO refrigerator going for a while longer.  For
> some time now the condenser fan in the freezer has been "chirping" when
> it cycles on.  The sound is like a short burst from a slipping fan
> belt.  It has been getting more frequent and with a longer duration
> lately.   Everything else works perfectly and financially I'm not in a
> position to retire it at the moment.
>
> I'm thinking maybe I can just lubricate the bushings or even replace the
> motor.  There does not feel to be any movement or play in the shaft.
> Any ideas on what kind lubricant to use in the freezer setting or any
> other repair ideas?
>
> Any cooling appliance repair guys out there?
>
> TIA
>
> Bill Barnett
> So. Calif., finally with Healey driving weather! :-)

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-pkcs7-signature which
had a name of smime.p7s]