Lubricant for cold environment.

To: Shop talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lubricant for cold environment.
From: bn1@pacbell.net
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 09:15:59 -0700
I'm trying to keep a 34 YO refrigerator going for a while longer.  For
some time now the condenser fan in the freezer has been "chirping" when
it cycles on.  The sound is like a short burst from a slipping fan
belt.  It has been getting more frequent and with a longer duration
lately.   Everything else works perfectly and financially I'm not in a
position to retire it at the moment.

I'm thinking maybe I can just lubricate the bushings or even replace the
motor.  There does not feel to be any movement or play in the shaft.
Any ideas on what kind lubricant to use in the freezer setting or any
other repair ideas?

Any cooling appliance repair guys out there?

TIA

Bill Barnett
So. Calif., finally with Healey driving weather! :-)