RE: Lubricant for cold environment.

To: <bn1@pacbell.net>, "Shop talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Lubricant for cold environment.
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 12:07:03 -0700
> I'm thinking maybe I can just lubricate the bushings or even replace the
> motor.  There does not feel to be any movement or play in the shaft.
> Any ideas on what kind lubricant to use in the freezer setting or any
> other repair ideas?

Any lightweight lubricating oil should do fine, it's not all that cold in
there.  3-in-1, for example.  I've heard of Rislone being used for this kind
of application too, but never tried it myself.

> Any cooling appliance repair guys out there?

Haven't done it in a long time.  But if I were desperate, I might look for a
110v AC "muffin fan".  Such things used to be found at the electronic
surplus houses for under $20 or so.  There are various size and airflow
ratings to meet your needs.

Also, depending on the brand, there may still be parts available for it.
Google for "appliance parts".

Randall