Lifts again...

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Lifts again...
From: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 21:19:35 -0700
So I'm starting to do some due diligence on lift choices.

We'll see if/when Revolution and Cytech return my phone messages.

Anybody familiar with these guys' stuff?

http://www.aclift.com

They've got a couple bits of hardware that look really slick, the
sidesaddle single-post parking lift that uses separate wheel ramps:

http://www.aclift.com/parking/M1-65.asp

and the two-side-by-side-parking-lifts-on-three-posts setup:

http://www.aclift.com/parking/ACC-9.asp

I'd had thoughts of putting two lifts in the garage side-by-side, but
two four-post lifts would be a jungle of posts in our
tall-enough-but-not-very-wide garage.

Only thing is I need at least one side without a deck so I can use it
for service/maintenance in addition to parking, and need to make sure
the single-center-post setup would leave room to get in and out of a car.

They ask for 4" of 3000psi mesh-reinforced concrete for their
concrete-bolt-down models, I've got maybe-close-to-4" of 41-year-old
hard-to-drill-but-God-knows-what concrete for a garage floor.

How do you test an existing slab?  Or maybe just use their
asphalt-pavement support setup...

Okay, I'm just dreaming.

Love their graphic for this one:

http://www.aclift.com/parking/4p-1.asp