Re: Trick Irwin sockets WORK!

To: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Trick Irwin sockets WORK!
From: philip ethier <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 23:07:34 -0500
> I've got a set, as well as a larger set for lug nuts.  They almost
> always work.  Generally it takes longer to get the nut out of the
> socket then it does to get it off the bolt.

I was lucky on that one.  It was a flange nut.  I put the flange in
the vise and turned the socket clockwise and it the nut popped out.

I think for a regular nut stuck in there, a drillpress vise, a
drillpress, and a drill just a bit larger that the bolt size would do
it.  The socket has a hex on it, so it should sit solid in the
drillpress vise.

1962 TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1994 Miata C package
pethier@isd.net
http://forum.mnautox.com/forums/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier