sand blast cabinet and pressure blaster

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: sand blast cabinet and pressure blaster
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 20:35:34 -0500
Recently I obtained a 2nd pressure blaster system that had a self
contained recovery system.  The whole system was on a 4 wheel cart and
had two vacuums sucking he dust from a separate drum.  This drum then had
two large hoses that attached to the top of the hopper that is on top of
the pressure vessel.  On top of the hopper there was an inlet hose that
went down to the floor that had a large funnel type arrangement to allow
for the media to be sucked back into the system.

I don't plan on using the system this way how ever I am going to use the
pressure blaster and hopper.  What I'm wondering is the possibility of
using the pressure tank and hopper with my blast cabinet.  Instead of
using the suction gun/hose combo that came with the cabinet I'd like to
use the pressure blaster to do the work.

It seems to me I could reduce the pressure from the pressure blaster and
get a better job of blasting done in the cabinet.

Any thoughts on the subject?

TIA

Brad