Re: Lift time

To: Shop-Talk Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lift time
From: Bill Rabel <brabel@dlux.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 15:50:09 -0700
>>> I know folks who have Cytech lifts, and they're quite happy with
>>> them, but I recall hearing (maybe here?) that they were kind of an
>>> on-again, off-again operation?
>>>

>> I spoke by phone with Bill Lewis, the owner of Cytech. I had to
>> threaten suit to get a refund of my payment for a lift that I had
>> been waiting for for over a year.
>>

> I'm afraid that'd pretty much rule them out for my purposes, as I'm
> not
> prepared to buy a lift from an outfit that I'm going to be
> concerned about
> whether they can ever ship repair parts.

On the contrary. I've heard many stories about the fact that Cytech
makes many of the accessory parts for other manufacturers, such as
the dollies to move the lift. I'm pretty sure that Cytech was sitting
on a pile of orders that were unprofitable at the then-current price
of steel and he was waiting in vain for the price to come down. I was
the guy who threatened suit (above).

- Bill Rabel
   Anacortes, WA