Tablesaw vs commercial or homemade straight edge?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Tablesaw vs commercial or homemade straight edge?
From: Jimmie Mayfield <mayfield+shoptalk@sackheads.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 20:24:43 -0500
>From time to time I come across a project where I wished I had access to
a tablesaw.  Since I don't really have room in the garage to dedicate to a
contractor-style saw and I've been wary of the little $99 saws, I've always
used a circular saw and a makeshift straight edge with mixed results.  It's
fine for things where precision isn't critical but I don't think I'd want to
make a piece of furniture or a set of home speakers using this setup.

Today I found the Eurekazone stuff (http://eurekazone.com).  These guys sell
a straight edge where your circular saw is attached to a caddy that rides
in a slot.  At $190 for the 100-inch SGS-1 kit, it's pretty expensive but they
claim to give many of the benefits of a panel saw and a table saw (maybe?).

Has anybody used one of these or a similar rig?  Is it worth the premium over
a $5 homemade straight edge or is one simply better off with a tablesaw?

Thanks for any insights.

Jimmie