Phone/intercom strobe for shop

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Phone/intercom strobe for shop
From: "cornerexit" <cornerexit@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 13:38:48 -0800
I have a detached shop building next to our house. I have phone,
internet etc in the shop. The phone sits on the desk which is over by
the entry door - generally away from where the work takes place in the
shop. I also have a 110v powered wireless FM intercom set-up to
communicate with my wife in the house. The intercom sits on the desk
next to the phone.

I am missing too many phone calls, and most importatantly when my wife
calls using the intercom to tell me dinner is ready etc. I often have
equipment running, am wearing hearing protection etc and just can't hear
the intercom/phone. When this happens my wife has to walk out to the
shop (of course it is usually dark, raining and windy when this happens)
to tell me dinner is ready. However, just walking in the door usually
does not get my attention as often my back is to the door as most of my
fab equipment is along the far wall. So now she is left standing there
trying to get my attention (she knows better than to walk up behind me
when I'm using a piece of equipment). Sometimes she has to stand there
for a loooong time, and as you can imagine this doesn't go over to well.
If the above situation happens too many more times I just won't get
dinner anymore, and that will make Wayne an unhappy camper.

I'm going to put one of these strobes on the far wall, which should help
for incoming phone calls.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102608
But that of course does not help with the intercom situation.

So, is there a way to wire it up so that when the shop intercom receives
a transmit from the house intercom the strobe will go off?

The intercom is a slightly older model of this one:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?parentPage=search&cp=&productId=2036287&kw=fm+wireless+intercom&tab=techSpecs

If I understand the above specs correctly, the intercom transmits and
receives on 200kHz/270kHz/230kHz . Anyway to pick up that transmission
and trigger a light? What about picking up the receive signal from
inside the intercom box somewhere and wiring it to a light?

Thanks
Wayne