re: Miata maintenance

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Miata maintenance
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 08:55:23 -0500
Nick writes...

>My daughter has a ' 98 MX-5 (eurospeak for Miata) and I'm looking to take
>over the maintenance to stop her getting gouged any more. Also because I've
>got long term thoughts of taking over the car should she tire of it. If
>anyone has any suggestions of manuals or online resources to help me get up
>to speed on this I'd be very grateful.

While I can't comment on the Miata part, so far http://www.alldatadiy.com/
has been great.

I've had friends call me when they are stuck on the side of the road and I
buy their car.  I've been able to get to the problem and get it fixed
every time so far.

For $15 a year per car, it's worth looking at.  Plus, it's more than just
the service manual.  If you are like me, just having a searchable book is
way worth it.

Inch
http://megageek.com

"Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war,
         for a lead role in a cage?"  R Waters.