Re: How do I stop this madness?

To: Randall <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: How do I stop this madness?
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 14:41:50 -0500
On 12/8/05, Randall <tr3driver@comcast.net> wrote:

> > Yes, for me it did.  I have a Shop Talk mailbox, but this message went to my
> > general Inbox.
>
> Then your mail software (client) is looking at the "To" or "CC" address to
>sort
> the mail, which will fail any time that they are not filled in.  The mail list
> software does not check or alter these fields, it just sends them on as it
> received them.  So, all I did to "break" your email software is do a "BCC" to
> the list.  In essence, that is what Inch's mail software was doing, too.
>
> One solution is to filter on "autox.team.net" in the header, but of course
>this
> doesn't let you sort one list from the other.

 Mail from the list will have the header
Sender: shop-talk-owner@autox.team.net
Mail to other team.net lists will have a different sender.

If your mail filter won't let you filter on Sender:, get a better filter.

(Actually, if your mail filter won't let you take arbitrary action
based on arbitrary message properties, get a better filter.)

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com