Re: decorative concrete

To: "John P. New" <jnew@hazelden.ca>
Subject: Re: decorative concrete
From: Eric@megageek.com
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:23:10 -0400
John P New writes...
>It seems we are always taking up our driveway to do something

Funny, I have never seen someone be able to put pavers back and not get
them to sink below the others.

Seriously, I had to add a downspout into a PVC pipe that ran under a paved
driveway.  Dreading this job I just decided to wing it one day.

I took a mason saw and cut a square into the pavement.  Then pryed it out.
I dug to the pipe and connected the downspout.  Covered with dirt.

After thinking about how to fix this "hole" it came to me.  The Rosebud!

I broke up the piece of Asphalt I removed from the diveway into little
pieces.  I heated the peices with my Rosebud on the O2A torch.  From time
to time a buddy tampped the pieces down.

Once done, you can't tell where I made the opening.  It came out great!

Funny story about PVC pipes under pavement.  Make sure all PVC is covered
with dirt before paving over it.  As it will melt the PVC and collapse the
pipe.  Don't ask me how I know!  *>)

Inch
http://megageek.com

 "Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war,
for a lead role in a cage?"  R Waters.