Re: decorative concrete

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: decorative concrete
From: "John P. New" <jnew@hazelden.ca>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:51:39 -0400
On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 14:09, Eric@megageek.com wrote:

> FWIW, in a upper crust area around me, they imprint red cobble stones for
> crosswalks in asphalt.  It looks incredable and works great.  I have no
> idea how they do it however.

A neighbour down the street from me did this to his driveway. It looked
great when first done, but after a year, the colourant started to wash
out in blotches, and now it looks absolutely terrible.

As for whether to use poured/decorative concrete or pavers (or stone), I
would take the stone/pavers anytime. It seems we are always taking up
our driveway to do something (irrigation system, sewer, underground
conduit, etc.) and it is so easy to take up the pavers and put them back
down without any noticeable change in look. Plus, if you ever want to
change the shape of the pad, just rearrange the pavers. Very easy, very
flexible.

John P. New
London, Ontario, Canada