Re: decorative concrete

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: decorative concrete
From: "Mark Andy" <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 09:47:12 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

> The stamps are fairly expensive, it's skilled labor to do it right
> (you have to get the expansion joints in the right places, so they
> don't show).  How much of this is done where you are?  I'm sure demand
> (or lack of it) is a big factor.

Thanks!  From this, and other private responses, it sounds like $12/sq ft.
isn't a total raping at least, which is probably good enough for me.  :-)

Both folks we talked to had prices in the same ballpark, and both offered
up some addresses in the area where they'd done work, so I don't think its
too unknown around here.  We checked out one guy's work and generally
liked it, though we've got some color questions (ok, more accurately, my
wife has some color questions.  I stood on it and thought "Yep.  It holds
me up.  Good enough!  :-)

Thanks!

Mark