Re: home standby generator

To: Paul Parkanzky <parkanz1@msu.edu>
Subject: Re: home standby generator
From: Eric@megageek.com
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 09:21:09 -0400
Me and my buddy (whos names is also "Paul") have talked about this option
as well.

We both live in rural areas and he sses power outages a little of requently
than I.  Since we often share equipment, it was thought to buy a bigger
unit and be able to move it between houses depending on who needs it (we
have never lose power at the same time.)

Now, the one thing he doesn't like about the tractor one is that it can't
be made "automatic."  Meaning that if he is on a trip and the power fails,
there is no way his wife is going to know how (or be able to) hook up a PTO
genny and wire it up and keep it running.

I looked into mounting a permament genny on the Unimog, I still may do that
for smaller generation, then a larger one for the whole house. (well, not
the whole house, I have 400amp service!)

Something to think about.

Inch
http://megageek.com

"Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war,
         for a lead role in a cage?"  R Waters.