Re: home standby generator

To: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Subject: Re: home standby generator
From: Paul Parkanzky <parkanz1@msu.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 22:41:29 -0400
My father-in-law manages industrial construction.  He has dealt with
several BIG generator installations, including a couple of hospital
jobs.
They live in a pretty rural place.  When the time came for them to
put in a generator he settled on one that ran off the PTO of his
tractor.  It's not automatic, but it's a lot cheaper kW for kW, and
you don't have to maintain the motor on the generator.  A sensible
option if you happen to have a tractor that will run one.

~Paul