RE: Engineering 101

To: "Mike Rambour" <mikey@b2systems.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Engineering 101
From: "Mullen, Tim \(IIS\)" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:34:56 -0400
Mike Rambour

> As to what it is, yeah, its a car lift as some of
> you have guessed, its a scissor lift that gets all
> 4 wheels off the ground around 2ft.

In that case, I wouldn't worry about "stealing" someone's design.  There
are various lifts out there made by several manufacturers and they are
all similar in design.  I'm sure there is nothing unique about his
design.

For what it's worth, on guy around here managed to pick up a used
Sanp-On scissor lift for less than $1,000.  The previous owner (a shop)
was upgrading to a two post lift.  You might want to call your local
Snap-On dealer to see if anyone is trading one in...

Tim Mullen