RE: Code Scanners

To: nick@landform.co.uk
Subject: RE: Code Scanners
From: Dick Atkinson <dick@grinalot.freeuk.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 21:26:26 +0100
In message <5.2.0.9.0.20050719073903.03589dd0@pop3.vnet.co.uk>
          nick brearley <nick@landform.co.uk> wrote:
> Dick,
>
> Accutest offer a PC based scan tool, Workshop Lite. There are some details at
>
> http://www.accutest.co.uk/
>
> It looks to be primarily a diagnostic tool, I can't see any facility for
> adjusting settings through the instrument. Still at #350.00 it's
> approaching affordable.

Not for an impoverished pensioner like me, Nick:-)

> Other alternatives are scanners as supplied by
> Sykes Pickavant or Autodiagnos but you are talking a whole different price
> range, and capabilities...

I think I'll have to let Mr Vardy do the work for me:-( Thanks,
anyway.

> Good luck with the Scenic, I still have fond memories of a 16TS. Computer
> diagnosis was along way in the future then.

Hmm! When this one eventually dies I think I'll be going back to
vehicle one can repair oneself;-)

--
Dick Atkinson             RISC OS on an Iyonix pc
In sunny Chester-le-Street, Co Durham, NE England