Re: Lug nuts

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>, Shop-Talk
Subject: Re: Lug nuts
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 01:28:47 -0500
On 4/29/05, Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca> wrote:

> --
> Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
> Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca
> ICQ #17432933 http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/
>

>    So whatever method they used to remove them was one-time only. ;>

Oh, yeah.  The tool has 12 tapered left-hand spirals.  You tap it on
with a hammer, put an impact wrench on it, and go crazy.  Typically,
you need to knock the lug out with a punch.  It's pretty well chewed
up.

As they're pretty much standard equipment in any mechanic's tool box,
I don't think I'd let a shop who wanted to torch them off try.  I'd
take it elsewhere, and send the folks who screwed up a bill.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com