RE: Lug nuts

To: "'Randall'" <tr3driver@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: Lug nuts
From: "Ben Zwissler" <bjzwissler@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 23:08:39 -0500
I also make a point of removing the locks after I had trouble with them, but
then I now live in a small town where this kind of theft is rare.

I think most of the locking nuts/keys would hold up if they're not used with
an impact wrench.  I've had the locking nuts damaged when the tire shop guy
puts the "key" in his impact wrench.  This was even after I told them not to
do that.  I learned to stay away from the "chain" tire stores and the
untrained idiots that work there.  The place I use now removes lug nuts with
impact wrenches but puts them on manually with torque wrenches.  This keeps
me from having to use a "cheater" bar to get the over-torqued and/or cross
threaded nuts off myself.

Ben Zwissler
bjzwissler@comcast.net
Columbus, IN