Re: Quesiton about cleaning

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Quesiton about cleaning
From: Bill Rabel <brabel@dlux.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:48:25 -0800
> So, what tips do you guys have?  What products work well?  (Which one's
> don't work?)

When I'm washing the car, after I've first wet everything down, I spray
the wheels with a 10% solution of Simple Green. I then wash the car and
do the wheels last. The wheels have never been cleaner. I've been doing
this for years.

Yeah, I know the caution about Simple Green on aluminum, but the wheels
are painted, so I'm not worried about surface damage.

Also, I learned a trick from an employee of ours who used to detail
cars. When you wash your car, be sure to wash the door jambs and door
edges. It's the sign of a proper wash.

- Bill Rabel
   Anacortes, WA