cutting off a plug...

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: cutting off a plug...
From: scott.hall@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 01:51:35 +0000
and finally...

I'm putting a led rope light under a toekick.  it's a cheesy plug-in setup, but
it's all they had.  the plug has a 5 amp fuse in it.  I want to cut off the
plug and hardwire it to a switch, rather than wire the switch to an outlet
somewhere, then plug it in.  do I need to wire a 5 amp fuse inline, or can I
just snip off the plug and wire like a fixture?

if I do need to wire in the fuse, is it self-apparent how to do that?

(the wife is leaving this week for family's house and her christmas present is
going to be all this stuff).

thanks.

scott