Water Pumps

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Water Pumps
From: "Bob Nogueira" <nogera@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 10:55:31 -0600
 I'm laying out my plans for my home  irrigation system and have a question
regarding water pumps.
The pumps I have looked at all state that they can draw the water up from 26
feet.
Does the output or volume of water dramatically decrease as you get closer
to the 26 foot limit?
Am I correct in my assumption that the 26 feet applies only to vertical
distance or do I also have to count the sections of pipe that will be
horizontal to the water supply?
I can place the pump within 10 feet ( vertical) of the water, but my ideal
spot to place it would require a 22 foot draw.  I don't want to loose too
much pressure or volume but will accept a small lost for the  better
location.
Is there a formula for determining the volume and pressure lost  per running
foot on the pressure side for a given pipe diameter?

As always, thanks for any advise.

Bob Nogueira