need to cut off a backsplash

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: need to cut off a backsplash
From: scott.hall@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 23:26:55 +0000
I'm about to tile over our kitchen's laminate countertop.  I'd like to not have
to pull off the laminate top and replace it with plywood and wonderboard.

but, I need to remove the backsplash.  you know, the 4 or so inches against the
wall coming up from the countertop?  it needs to be a flush cut so I can tile
over it and up to the wall, and I cannot imagine what sort of tool I'd use.  I
thought (briefly) about trying to hand-saw it all off, but we're talking about
at least 30 linear feet here, and that's (incorrectly) assuming I could cut it
evenly anyway, and not hack it up.

surely, someone's done this or seen it before?

thanks.

scott