After-market rotors for my tow vehicle?

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: After-market rotors for my tow vehicle?
From: Traci Pearson <pearsontechcomm@frii.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 21:33:10 -0700
Hi all,
I need to replace the front rotors on my tow vehicle. The OEM ones are
slightly warped, and with the weak ball joints on this truck and the
slightly compromised braking, I've decided not to take any chances.

It's a '97 Dodge Dakota V8 4x4. I run the Porterfield R/S compound pads and
shoes (and LOVE them). Porterfield carries a generic cast-iron vented (not
drilled) rotor and a Power-Slot slotted rotor, but that doesn't mean
they're the same caliber as Porterfield's pads and shoes.

The good European brake manufacturers don't make parts for heavy old
American trucks!

Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with aftermarket rotors on
trucks/tow vehicles? Any ideas of who might have some useful answers for me?

Thanks so much!

Traci Pearson
Pearson Technical Communication
Writing, Editing, Information Design  Print and Online
pearsontechcomm@frii.com
(303) 410-9101