Fw: Undercabinet lighting

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>, "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@Ameritech.net>
Subject: Fw: Undercabinet lighting
From: "Michael Lowe" <mlowe@itrade-sa.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:54:26 -0700
Hi there,

  I have been using the little halogen puck shaped lights, the best of the
 25-30 used so far, came from Home Depot on sale for 12.95 for 4 lights and
 transformer. The most I paid was 17.75 for 4, but they were a stylish
black.
 The trick on installation is to use a good quality dimmer and put a limit
on
 the max output to about 80%. Gives lots of light, lower heat, lamps last a
 long time. I did a little checking with my light meter and found the
limited
 light output was only about 8-11% lower than the xenon ones at a demo and
 about the same with the other halogens at full output. I usually put a
 little piece of aluminum between the lamp and the wood cabinets for safety
 (same with any high output light in the same place), and have ventilation
 holes in the top of the two display cabinets with the lights inside.
 Wife thinks it is real cool.
 Have fun,
 Michael