re: Crazy idea that will work!

To: "Shop-Talk" <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re: Crazy idea that will work!
From: "Ian" <Shop-Talk@mcfetridge.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 09:32:52 -0500
We have a hose bib in our garage that comes in handy during the winter.  The
big uses one of those remote valves (handle in garage turns rod that turns the
valve in the basement).  I've never seen the basement get below 50F (temp
sensor near valve with minimum memory) so I don't worry about it, but I do
take the hose off the bib in the winter so the valve can drain...not sure how
close it gets to freezing in the garage (need another temp sensor!).

I like to rinse off the cars when they get covered with road salt, but even
with hot water it eventually freezes in the driveway, which is really not
acceptable.  Besides putting heating coils under the driveway, does anyone
have an idea how we can rinse the cars and not create an ice rink?  In
hindsight I guess I should have put a drain in our garage.

-Ian