Re: crazy idea that will work!

To: <Eric@megageek.com>, <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: crazy idea that will work!
From: "Michael Lowe" <mlowe@itrade-sa.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 15:47:18 -0700
Hello Inch,

Here in Colorado Springs, I have just such a valve on the outside of the
house, on the west wall. There seems to be a long stem on the valve going
through the wall. We have 6" studs and it seems to go all the way through to
the basement. However, there is no name on the outside and I am reluctant to
dig through the sheetrock installed before I moved in, without an access
door by the way.

I'll look at the Home Despot and other places in town next I go. I need to
get one as well to put on the north and east walls as well. Then I will let
you and the group know. It seems one could just put an extension stem, maybe
cross drilled and pinned, on a standard ball valve or hose bib. I have
gotten partial to ball valves for all sorts of reasons the past few years.
Prices seem to be coming down nicely and I have gotten some really good
deals on brass and stainless valves at Harbor Freight.

Regards,

Michael