Re: garage door openers

To: KVacek@Ameritech.net, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: garage door openers
From: pethier@isd.net
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 12:35:45 -0500
>Doesn't Chamberlain still make Sears units?  AFAIK they always have.  I've
>got a 1957 Chamberlain and although I've twice had to replace 2 snapped
roll
>pins keying the sector gear to the sprocket and also had the motor rebuilt
>once, it's still going strong.

Chamberlin is also marketed commercially as "LiftMaster" (I think that is
the correct spelling).  The advantage of the LiftMaster is the mast comes
in one piece.  The Chamberlain version you buy in a store has a
bolt-together mast for packaging reasons.  I replaced my old LiftMaster
with a new Chamberlin, and swaped parts around to keep the original
one-piece mast.

Phil Ethier