Re: Pipe threading?

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Pipe threading?
From: Bob Hare <rhare34@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 04:36:23 -0700 (PDT)
Trevor,
Depending on the thickness of the material you want to
thread, it is possible.  Keep in mind that one reason
a pipe thread is tapered is so it will provide a seal.
 If the bottom of the tub is thin, you may not have
enough thread contact between the hole and the
fitting.  An easier and more reliable solution would
be to install an aquarium bulkhead fitting.  These
fittings are used when the aquarist wants to drill a
hole in an aquarium to plumb an external filtration
system.  I have used these type of fittings for years,
and they are reliable and leak free.  Do a search on
eBay for auction # 4330385599.  These are the fittings
I'm talking about.  If you scroll to the bottom of the
auction page you'll find a picture of various size
fittings that are available.  Keep in mind that this
fitting will require a larger than normal hole, so
check the sizes for your application.
Let us know how it works out.

Bob

=====
Bob Hare (eBay id: rhare34)
Virginia Beach, Va.
1934 Ford Streetrod Pickup
2000 Taurus, 1984 Ranger

If you can read this, thank a teacher.... If you are reading this in
English, thank a Veteran.......