RE: Air Chucks and Blow Guns

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Air Chucks and Blow Guns
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 12:56:25 -0700
> When I first built my current shop I put the spring loaded female chucks
> on both the air reels. They worked fine for the first few years. Lately
> I've found that the outside lip of the brass coupler is mushrooming
> back, probably from repeated dropping the end of the air hose on the
> floor . This is causing the coupler to not lock on fully every so often.
> Sometimes it will seem like it's locked on  when you initially hook up
> the tool, only to fly off later while you are using the tool.

BTDT.  Seemed like it might not be long until one of those ejected couplers
(they do fly off with some force) might hit something like a fender or
worse, a window; so I felt I had to do something.  These were not "el-cheap"
units couplers either, although I don't recall the brand name offhand.

> May have the same problem with the manual locking ones as well I
> suppose.

I've been using them for several years now, and never had a problem with
coming uncoupled unexpectedly.

Randall