RE: Air Chucks and Blow Guns

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Air Chucks and Blow Guns
From: "Mullen, Tim (IIS)" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 12:30:16 -0700
Marc Siegel wrote:

> Do you guys leave the hoses pressurized all the
> time? I could deal with some pressure loss, as
> the stuff I do is not critical, but I would be
> worried about the hose...

It doesn't really matter with my set up.  I have an automatic water
drain on my compressor.  It has a very slow controlled leak, and when
the pressure drops below about 10 PSI it opens up and drains all the
rest of the water.  So I don't leave my compressor on all the time.  I
tend to only use it on the weekends, so when ever I go to the garage to
do work, I turn on the compressor.  Turn it off at the end of the day...

I also installed a ball valve on the pressure regulator/filter I mounted
to the wall by the compressor.  I can shut off the pressure to the hoses
any time I want...

Tim Mullen

Chantilly, VA