Re: Vinyl storage shed

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vinyl storage shed
From: "Wayne Farrington" <w.farrington@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 18:40:22 -0700
Did some research regarding pavers vs wood frame. Checked hd and lowes.
It would cost $50 for enough pavers to base a 8x8 shed. Pressure treated
2x4's and two sheets of 7/8 osb was $70.

Being lazy, I went with the wood. I can nail it together in the shop and
have my son help me drag it out to the yard. I'll level the spot, put
down some weedblock, throw the wood foundation down, and call it good.
If the wood is rotted away when we move in 5 years, so be it. If it
happens to still be good, I can drag it out of the backyard and haul it
to our new place on my car trailer.

Now that I've purchased and hauled all that wood home, what do you want
to bet that Costco will be out of the sheds when I go to pick one up
tomorrow morning...

BTW, this new style, so called "pressure treated" wood sure doesn't seem
pressure treated. Seems more like some sort of paint.

Wayne