Re: Mounting a compressor

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mounting a compressor
From: Mike Sloane <msloane@att.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 12:34:29 -0400
I am mighty impressed with your efforts and solutions to reducing
vibration.

I guess I am just lucky: I was given a large old service station
vertical tank compressor with the compressor supposedly "shot". It
turned out that the only problem was some of the intake filter horsehair
material had been sucked in and was caught in the in reed valve on one
cylinder. I rebuilt the compressor and stuck the whole thing in a corner
near the service panel with no floor preparation nor fasteners. It has
been running there for about 5 years and hasn't move an inch. It might
help that the (antique) two stage compressor has opposed pistons on a
single connecting rod, so I guess it must be fairly well balanced.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
  -  George Santayana (1863-1952); US (Spanish-born) philosopher.